Crayfish and Avocado
ANNE SKOOGH STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and, not surprisingly, eating food. I live in Stockholm, Sweden, with my husband, our baby boy and our cats. Here’s a Swedish recipe I’d recommend to serve with Peter’s Yard crispbreads.
- 1 avocado
- Half a small red onion finely chopped
- 200 g crayfish tails (or large chopped prawns is a good alternative)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt, pepper
- Bleak roe (or Red Caviar available in the UK from www.totallyswedish.com)
- Optional: dill
- Chop the avocado into large chunks, dice the onion very finely and crush the garlic.
- Chop the crayfish tails roughly. Mix together in a bowl, with just enough creme fraiche to bind the ingredients together.
- Add dill if you want to – I prefer it without – and season with salt, pepper and sweet chilli sauce.
- Place on toasted bread or on Peter’s Yard crispbread garnished with a little bit of roe, some smoked salmon or dill.