CHRISTINA TENCOR, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, UK
I came to England from Sweden as an exchange student at The University of Sussex. The 6 months turned into nearly 30 years, when I met Ian, my husband, who now works at Peter’s Yard. Food has taken us many places but I always return to family traditions for parties when I serve Gentleman’s Delight (Gubbröra) as a canape or as a dish on my smörgåsbord. Just the name is a talking point!
To serve 4 as a starter, 8-10 as canapés
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 red onion
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 125 g anchovies
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Finely chop eggs, anchovies and onions.
- Melt butter and fry onions until golden brown.
- Add anchovies, fry gently for a couple of minutes.
- Gently stir in eggs and heat through. The
ingredients must not be mashed!
- Sprinkle parsley over.
- Serve warm with crispbread.